Mindful ME bases all of our workshops, experiences and sessions on a practice of mindful awareness. As leaders of teaching this approach to conscious living and mindful lifestyle in the region, Mindful ME run multiple Mindfulness Practice workshops that introduce new practitioners. We also seek to reinspire and support those who would like to delve deeper into the practices in our Mindfulness Maintenance and Continuity of Practice workshop as well as in our Mindful Living short workshops.
Our workshops are rooted in the practical experience and application of mindfulness and give participants the tools to cultivate the skills that reduce anxiety, stress, pressure and help us increase our ability to focus, manage life’s challenges and take pleasure in the joy of living.
“Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now, without wishing it were different.” – James Baraz
There is compelling and ever-growing evidence that shows the benefits of mindfulness on our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Instead of feeling overwhelmed with the daily stress, panic, depression, pressure and anxiety that impacts many of our lives, make a choice of self-compassion and take time to enjoy one of our workshops.
How to Learn Mindfulness
We encourage our first time participants to join our month long Mindfulness Practice (part 1) workshops or our Workplace Mindfulness experiences or become part of a Mindful Living community that support each other in applying these learnings in practical ways in everyday life. We also run a 4 week Practicing Presence (part 2) course which serves well as a follow up to the first 4 weeks. For those interested in Mindfulness specifically from a parenting perspective we also offer two Mindfulness programmes, Mindfulness for Parents (part 1), and Parenting with Presence (part 2) alongside our age specific workshops. Keep reading below for more details.
You can learn more about mindfulness in one on one private sessions. Each session is 75min long and will be tailored to your needs and questions. You can have as many sessions as you like although we recommend at least 4 sessions over the course of 4 weeks to get started. Private sessions are also a wonderful way of extending and deepening your mindfulness practice once you have completed our open workshops. A great benefit of doing the private sessions is that you will be able to book in at a time that works best for you! Each individual session costs AED700 (AED2800 for 4 week programme). Contact us here to begin.
Mindfulness Practice (part 1)
Our open Mindfulness Practice Workshops are held on Monday nights from 7 – 9pm. We will be use Zoom to facilitate this workshop online.
The Mindfulness Practice course is designed as a personal journey of self-discovery and awareness as well as a practical learning of what mindfulness is and how to build a sustained personal practice.
Investment: AED1300 per person for the full 4 weeks (this includes unlimited refresher attendance. This means that you will always be able to be part of future sessions at no extra cost.)
Contact us here to sign up or ask any questions about this workshop.
Next workshop dates
- January 2021
- Tuesdays from 7pm – 9pm: 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th January
- February 2021
- Wednesdays from 7pm – 9pm: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th February
- March 2021
- Tuesdays from 7pm – 9pm: 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th March
- April 2021
- Tuesdays from 7pm – 9pm: 6th, 13th, 20th & 27th April
Practicing Presence (Part 2)
For those of you who have enjoyed the 4-week Mindfulness workshops, have committed to your practice and have asked for more, we are delighted to invite you to participate in the next steps- weeks 5, 6, 7, and 8.
This series of workshops is for those who have been practicing Mindfulness in their daily lives and are ready for a deeper understanding and commitment in their practice.
The workshops will focus on:
- The questions, delights and difficulties that arise with mindful awareness
- Sharing our insights and our tough times
- The need for reflection, time and space,
- Notions of judgment vs discernment,
- Self-criticism and self-rejection, fear and anger,
- Learning flexibility, stamina and curiosity,
- New tools and shared learning to enhance and grow our daily practices through community.
We welcome you warmly and suggest you add these dates to your diary now to ensure your place as this workshop will fill quickly. Sign up here.
Next workshop dates
- Wednesdays from 7pm – 9.30pm: 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th May
Mindfulness Practice for Parents:
As Eckhart Tolle shares with us, “Without a conscious parent, there can be no conscious parenting. Ultimately…the deeper cause of family dysfunction is not the parents’ lack of knowledge or education but their lack of awareness”.
This workshop will teach you the skills and practise of awareness – recognising your own behaviours and thoughts as a parent – without judgement or criticism, but instead learning how to acknowledge your triggers with compassion and patience, so that you can learn how to calm yourself from a place of love and acceptance and then apply wisdom and logic to your personal and parenting choices.
This is a 4-week workshop where you will be taught the following skills and practices in a small group with other parents who are also keen to develop their own awareness through
- 9 Attitudes of Mindfulness
- Informal Mindfulness Practices
- Formal Mindfulness Meditation
- Noticing thoughts and feelings
- Recognising triggers
- Self-compassion & Non-Judgement
- Practices to bring mindfulness into my family life
- Finding my pause button
- Applying wisdom to my parenting choices
Mindfulness for Parents (part 1)
Upcoming online workshops:
January / February 2021
- Tuesdays from 7.30pm – 9.30pm: 11th, 18th & 25th January, 1st February
Parenting with Presence (part 2)
“When you parent with presence you can turn the way your children challenge you into a mirror that allows you to become aware of your own hitherto unconscious patterns. And by becoming aware of them, you can begin to transcend them”. Eckhart Tolle
This workshop follows on from Mindfulness Practice of Parents and will allow you to deepen awareness of your parenting journey and the teaching your children offer you. We will continue to explore the practice of mindfulness, providing further teaching and opportunities for your meditation practice as well as strategies for responding in the moment to the triggers and challenges of parenting. Here is your opportunity to learn from Jo’s experience of raising 3 children whilst practicing Mindful Parenting herself, as well as years of expertise gained from working with children, adolescents and parents for almost 20 years as a therapist. This is your chance to explore the following questions for yourself:
- How did I learn to parent myself and my children?
- How can I become conscious of my parenting triggers?
- What does it mean for me to be on this journey?
- Will I ever stop parenting?
- What do I still need to learn about myself as a parent?
- Why does it feel so hard sometimes and what can I do?
- Why it can sometimes feel lonely or scary to parent consciously
- How can I teach my partner to parent with me?
Joining this workshop means you already have a Mindfulness practice as part of your life and have attended a mindfulness workshop with Mindful Me. If you haven’t attended a workshop with us before please contact Jo directly to discuss your practice and whether this workshop is the best way to support you on your current journey.
- Parenting with Presence ongoing group
- Parents who have attended the 4-week workshop can choose to attend our ongoing practice group – this will be held fortnightly on a Wednesday evening at 8pm and topics will be agreed by the group with Jo. This is a closed group for parents who have an existing mindfulness practice and want to continue to practice and grow together. The fee is AED100pp per session and sessions are held fortnightly Contact us to book.
Here is what some of our community members say about their experience of the Mindfulness Practice:
” Attending Helen’s mindfulness workshops always helps me take my mindfulness practice to the next level” – Karim
“Mindfulness practice is to be the best version of myself – the true me, just by being me.” – Britta
“The workshops taught me to breath and to find space inside” – Darren
“This workshop has been an eye-opening experience. I loved every minute of it. The knowledge gained has made me tap into parts of me I never knew existed. Thank you!” – Yasmeen
” I feel I’m not getting irritated as easily as before “
” I’ve seen a huge improvement in my state of mind “
” Learning the techniques is amazing – very calming “
” A very inspiring and eye-opening experience “